Ekta Kapoor Denies Relation with Altt | After the ban on Altt, Ekta Kapoor clarified: said-My and my mother have nothing to do with this platform.

12 minutes ago

  • Copy link

After banning 25 OTT apps including Altt, ULLU, Ekta Kapoor has said that she and her mother Shobha Kapoor have nothing to do with Altt.

Ekta Kapoor wrote on Instagram by issuing a statement about this matter,

Quoteimage

Balaji Telefilms Limited, which is a professional media company listed in BSE and NSE. Recently, ALT has been operating ALTT from June 20, 2025 after a recent merger with Digital Media Entertainment Limited (which was completely its company). There are reports in the media that Altt has been closed by the government, but unlike these reports, Ekta Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor have no relation with Altt. She has separated from Altt in June 2021 itself. If someone claims the opposite, then it is wrong. The media is requested to give correct and accurate information. Balaji Telefilms Limited fully follows all the applied laws and does his work with the highest corporate rules.

Quoteimage

Ekta Kapoor is the founder of Balaji Telefilms Limited.

Aicwa supports the government’s decision

At the same time, the All Indian Cine Workers Association (AICWA) has welcomed this decision of the government. The association said that these steps were necessary to prevent vulgarity spreading on digital platforms.

Aicwa said in its statement,

Quoteimage

We support the government’s decision to ban Ullu, Altt, Desi Flixes and other objectionable OTT channels. These platforms had been serving pornographic content in the name of digital freedom for years. This was having a wrong impact on the society and youth.

Quoteimage

Aicwa also said that this is not just a government order but a historic victory. This is the victory of all Indians who believe in decency and telling the story.

AICWA demanded that strict legal action should be taken against the owners of these platforms and those who make content.

The statement further stated that this is a warning for the entire industry. Such content will no longer be tolerated.

Thanking Information and Broadcasting Minister Ashwini Vaishnav, Aicwa appealed that the government set up a Central Regularity Body for OTT platforms.

Let us know that the central government on Friday banned 25 OTT platforms that broadcasted pornographic content. The government says that these apps were presenting porn and objectionable videos in the name of Entertainment.

The government has issued a notification asking the Internet Service Provider (ISP) to block these OTT EPS-Websites. Bain apps also have famous platforms like Altt, Ullu, Desi Flix.

Earlier in March 2024, the government banned 18 OTT platforms for pornographic content. Along with this, 19 websites, 10 apps and 57 social media handles were also blocked.

OTT apps under four laws Ban on

  1. IT Act, 2000 (Section 67)- Publishing or spreading pornographic content on the Internet is a legal offense.
  2. IT Act, 2000 (Section 67A)- Posting videos or content related to sexual activity on the Internet is illegal.
  3. BNS 2023 (Section 294) – It is a punishable offense to do obscene acts in public places or using dirty words.
  4. Women’s Porn (Prohibition) Act 1986 (Section 4)- It is a legal offense to show women in vulgar or derogatory form through any means.

Altt and Ullu in Lockdown App The viewers of increased

Series like Altt’s Ragini MMS, Dirty Baat became quite popular.

When OTT platforms were promoted in 2020 lockdown, pornographic content began to broadcast more on OTT platforms such as Altt and ULLU apps.

According to media reports, the highest streaming (1.1 million) for an adult comedy show in July 2020 was done on the online OTT platform MX player in a day.

According to this report, ALTT’s viewership of May 2020 increased by 60% compared to 2019. Its monthly active users also increased by 21% in 2020. Adult content is high on this OTT.

Government’s current guideline regarding online content

The Government of India created ‘The Information Technology and Digital Media Ethics Code’ in 2021. It was updated on 6 April 2023. The 30 -page guideline explains the rules for social media, film and web series.

Page number-28 has general guidelines for the film, web series and entertainment programs. In this, it is necessary to decide the category based on target audiences. It is also important to warn what content you are showing.

According to guidelines, Grevens officers have to be kept on OTT and social media platforms. Content should be according to the law. There should be no sex, no anti-national and should not harm children and women.

OTT platforms created self -regulation code in 2020

Raj Kundra accused of selling porn through OTT in 2021

On 19 July 2021, Mumbai Police arrested businessman Raj Kundra for making films.

The porn racket under the guise of OTT and app in the country was first revealed in 2021 after the arrest of actress Shilpa Shetty’s husband Raj Kundra. Raj was accused of selling porn through an OTT platform named ‘Hotshot’. He was arrested in this case. He is currently out on bail.

When and how OTT started in the country

OTT started in the country in 2008. The first dependent was the OTT platform ‘Bigflix’. It was released in 2008 by Reliance Entertainment. After this, in 2010, Digiviva launched India’s first OTT mobile app named ‘NexGTV’.

Big Flix, launched in 2008, was the first OTT platform in the country.

IPL live streaming increased popularity

In 2013 and 2014, NexGTV became the first app to do live streaming of IPL matches. After this, in 2015, Live Streaming of IPL made Hotstar (which is now Disney+Hotstar) the country’s most popular OTT platform.

TV shows also came on OTT in 2013

In 2013, apps like Deito TV and Sony Live were also launched, which also started streaming OTT on the shows to be broadcast on channels like Star, Sony, Viacom and G. After this, the audience downloaded these OTT apps on a large scale and started watching their favorite shows at any time.

,

Read this news too …

Supreme Court strict in the pornography case on digital platforms: said- This serious issue, government should take action; Center said- work continues on new rules

In March, a petition was heard in the Supreme Court seeking a ban on streaming of online pornographic content. The court issued notice to the central government and 9 OTT-social media platforms seeking a reply. The bench had said- said- This serious issue, government should take action. Read full news …

Source link